Please follow this link to learn more about the NCRR Right of Entry requirements, fee and to gain access to the application form.

Right of Entry and Utility Forms

At North Carolina Railroad Company (NCRR), safety is our top priority. All businesses and/or individuals seeking temporary access to NCRR property are required to complete and submit a RIGHT OF ENTRY application — and secure written approval from NCRR prior to proceeding. Many entries on railroad property will also require that a railroad flagman be present onsite if the parties are within 25 feet of a railroad track. The operating railroad, Norfolk Southern, will make a determination if a flagman is required, which is at the expense of the requesting applicant. Your application will be processed most efficiently if you will please send all materials as directed on the following application form.

Submitting Utility Occupancy Forms

Pipeline and Wire/Conduit/Cable Occupancy applications are to be submitted through NCRR’s Engineering Portal.

For assistance with the application process, contact Dorothy Dai, P.E. (

Application forms and other relative materials and information may also be obtained by contacting the NCRR Engineering Department Infrastructure Manager, Justin Madigan, at (919) 954-7601. In many cases, Norfolk Southern Railway will also require certain forms and procedures to be completed prior to initiating any activity within the right of way. NCRR will coordinate the review and approval process.

Download Utility Forms
We would love to hear from you.
Fill out the form below and we will be in touch as soon as possible!

    Contact Us